Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A New Family Blog

Confession:  I love blogs! On a daily basis, I read 10-15 blogs, depending on what computer I’m on and what kind of links I have access to.  It’s ridiculous… but I love it! Currently my obsession is home-design and DYI blogs… like I said 10-15 blogs a day…and with my little creative noggin… I’m out of control!

So… I decided I wanted to start my own blog…but something personal… everyday I’ve got something going on whether I’m dreaming about my baby and hot husband, or thinking about a project I want to work on, or a recipe I want to try or family and friends or church…there’s always something on… so I created our little family blog and named it “FOREVER DAVENPORT”. This has nothing to do with a “davenport sofa” and everything to do with us sticking together!

Here’s a quick family update:

First of all, we’re still house-sitting for Dave’s parents while they’re away on their mission to Spain. Talk about a destination, right? I’m so jealous!!!  In the meantime, we’re responsible for their casa and let me tell you, I’m not a fan of big homes anymore! I don’t like cleaning them. There’s too much space and you can never catch up! I don’t know how Neva does it!  Since we’ve been house-sitting, we’ve replaced a dryer and refrigerator… and might be on our way to replacing a dishwasher….sometime it smokes which makes me very nervous! Steve and Neva should be back in September or October… so we’ll see if the dishwasher makes it!

Dave and I are the same… nothing s new except for our adorable little three month old baby Jake. We’re new at being parents so we’ve been peed on a lot. It’s been a good time! Really... I mean that!

Our Jakey-Cakes is growing so quickly.  He’s long and beefy… I love it!  He has the sweetest little squishy butt which I love squeezing! I just can’t help myself!  Oh…and he has the sweetest little smile that can pull me out of any grumpy mood… it’s the dimples I tell ya!

Dave hasn’t had much luck in the Engineering field yet but we always keep our fingers crossed! I’m working at a Hawley Troxell as a Legal Assistant to three attorneys and a paralegal. They keep me on my feet! I love it!

Whether this blog is read or not, I’m pretty excited to have a place to share all the awesomeness that’s going on in my brain. Creatively, I’m a very inspired chicka and spend way too much time and money on my little things I’ve got going on, but it keeps my busy and happy, so… here we go!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of your little Jakey poo and the family...including Miley Pepper! I love your home decor ideas too, you are so creative Christy!

    Cody

    ReplyDelete