One of my favorite blogs I read is Vintage Revivals. Mandi, the writer of the blog is incredibly creative. She turns old undesirable furniture from thrift stores into beautiful creative pieces. I'm always so inspired by Mandi's creativity. Not to mention, her testimony of the Gospel is truly amazing.
Mandi recently started a club called the FFA: FEARLESSLY FINDING AWESOME. This club is all about finding your style, what inspires your house design. She gives challenges every other week. This week's challenge is to link our personalities with the feelings we want from our home. So... here it goes:
My personality is usually described as bubbly and cheerful... also creative. That's unless I've gone on the fritz and I get especially ornery. I can be a little sassy, mouthy and very strong.
What I want people to feel in my home is rich, comfortable, sassy, bold and playful . I definitely want people to feel like they can be themselves in my home.
I have a creative spirit so I like elements of creativity, but don't like things looking too cutesy. I love having things in my home that reflect the gospel but I don't want my home to be inundated with just church art. For some reason, that bugs me. When the only art people have in their homes are pictures of Christ or temples. I think the spirit of peace can come through different ways, such as how you treat each other. So... church art is out for me.
Here is my dream kitchen. Its clean, crisp and the flooring makes it playful. I might add a pop of color depending on the season.
I guess you get the same feelings in this bathroom. The mirror is so bold. I'm in love with it! I would probably minus the light fixture. I know these types of chandi's are in, but I'd probably go a little more modern vs. romantic.
I'm loving the feeling this room creates. There's not a ton of contrast in this room, but I think it feels so relaxing and comfortable. Normally I'm drawn to more bold patterns, but I'm really digging the white and gray.
On a lighter note... I just bought this chair. All of my furniture is black and I decided I needed something playful and sassy in our living room. I'm hoping my intention for sassy doesn't turn trashy in this attempt to play up my design. I guess we'll see how it goes! Since we're living in a fully furnished home, I'll leave this bad-boy in the box until we move.
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Love the new blog! Can't wait to follow it. Hope you update it more than once a year....JK!!
ReplyDelete