Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jake's Baby Blessing and Salt Lake

A few weeks ago Dave blessed our little Jakey. It was an AWESOME experience. Of course Dave was super nervous, but he did such an excellent job. I was a proud mama and wifey that day.

My mom was always really big into hope-chests when I was younger. I remember being at the Deseret book store when I was 14 and coming across the most adorable little white tux you've ever seen. My mom encouraged me to purchase it and keep it in my hope-chest. Who knew if I would have a boy or not, I was prepared, right. Well... it paid off! Little Jakey wore his adorable white tux the day of his blessing.

I worried this little white tux would be too small. I kind-of tried it on him a few weeks previous, but lets face it... this kid grows like a weed, so I was pretty nervous about it fitting. It took three of us, my Grandpa, Grandma and I to get it on him. I thought I might have to cut it off him when we got home. It was worth the struggle...

 Look at the tail on the tux... adorable right?!



A week after the blessing, we drove down to Salt Lake for my cousin's wedding. This little Salt Lake trip was pretty significant for me. Not just because it was Jake's first road trip, or that I took photo of my cousin's wedding, but because it was going to be the first time I saw my best friend's little guy Blake and it was her first time seeing Jake. If you can believe it, Jake is two months younger than Blake.

*** DISCLAIMER: I realize I am wearing the same top in both photos. Sad thing... I'm wearing the same top today... as I write this. I think the universe is telling me its time to go shopping!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment